What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost a 14 mod 9A tip up install pics

dwranda

Well Known Member
Hello everyone! I would like to get some feedback on my almost a 14 mod install. If any of you have done this before please critique my work so far. Basically I installed the flap motor and housing with the old crossbar then removed the bar and started the install of the 14 mod bar. I think I am doing it right, but there are no step by step instructions for a new build tip up version. I may have an issue with the long forward tabs on the new bar being where the F-705G angles are.
2hqwi36.jpg
[/IMG]
20ueicw.jpg
[/IMG]
10okyh1.jpg
[/IMG]
yz2a8.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks!!!

Hi dwranda,

I was interested to see your photos from a year ago. My plan is to install the mod in a -7 tip-up. How did your installation work out?

Hi dwranda,

I was interested to see your photos from a year ago. My plan is to install the mod in a -7 tip-up. How did your installation work out?

Well still not done with the plane but was able to get the latching system put together for the 14 mod using the instructions from their website. Seems to work okay but won't know for sure until I get the canopy and everything else all put together.

Back