What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Molex Connector structure mounts

Ender

For all of you that used something other than the Molex connectors. Did you think up any slick ways to utilize the mounting locations that are already present in our structure?

If not, how did you deal with it? Did you just run the wires through the holes and then mount connectors in some other way?

Thanks!

Depends

It really depends on what your using and which connector your discussing. For example, I used CPCs at the wing roots and decided to simply replace the piece of metal that holds the original Molex connectors with a newly fabricated blank that was similar dimensions. I then drilled the holes for the CPC flanges exactly where they needed to be and riveted the connectors in placed. Worked great. However, when I installed a 4 pin CPC in the wingtip for the position lights it was much easier just to zip tie the CPC to the metal that would normally house the molex connector. Simply need to be creative with each location.

Back