What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gps rollover week

rvdave

Well Known Member
I’ve heard recently about the gps rollover week coming sort of like the y2k scare we heard about years ago. But this one is apparently different, my avidyne ifd550 clock just reset to August, 1999. How do I get this reset back now? There have got to be others out there.

I?ve heard recently about the gps rollover week coming sort of like the y2k scare we heard about years ago. But this one is apparently different, my avidyne ifd550 clock just reset to August, 1999. How do I get this reset back now? There have got to be others out there.

Avidyne provided a software update to take care of this. You can download it from them and install it from a USB drive. I updated my IFD440 a couple of weeks ago.

Get the GPS Rollover Patch at https://lz314.infusionsoft.com/app/form/gpsrolloverupdate

It has been discussed in the Avidyne forums for quite a while now. I installed it on my IFD540. It took all of 10 minutes to load.

There?s a new firmware upgrade coming towards the end of the month (10.2.3.1). That upgrade will take over an hour to install. It will include the rollover patch if you want to wait that long.

Back