What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF wire lengths

Electrogunner

Well Known Member
I have Tim Hasse making up the harnesses for my G900x. He needed to know how long to leave the wires FWF to reach the sensors and probes. I didn't want him to leave a bunch extra and waste it (expensive). If anyone is at that stage could take a couple measurements so I could let him know. It's a lycoming io540 c4b5, pretty standard per plan build. I will have 2 sleeves thru firewall, 1 on either side about 2/3 up firewall.

Thanks

Tell Tim he can use my lengths for CHT & EGT probes. All 3 pressures can be 18-24” after passing through the left side of the firewall. Amps can be the same if put FWF. The oil temp can be 24-30”. Fuel Flow depends on where you put the sensor. Plans call for it in the tunnel, but some like to put it FWF.

FWF

Tell Tim he can use my lengths for CHT & EGT probes. All 3 pressures can be 18-24? after passing through the left side of the firewall. Amps can be the same if put FWF. The oil temp can be 24-30?. Fuel Flow depends on where you put the sensor. Plans call for it in the tunnel, but some like to put it FWF.

Thanks Jesse. I sent Tim a message.

Back