What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

terminal block

SteveL

Hello All!
I'm starting the wiring of my RV7A and am using Van's OP-12 and OP-31 to get things started off. The construction of the Terminal block which mounts on the sub-panel directly behind the switches/CBs is pretty straight forward on OP-12. My problem is that I don't understand the need for this terminal block. Any electrical expertise about this issue is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
SteveL

I made that thing but did not use it. It was woefully small for the wiring I installed. I wound up with five connection strips that I bought.

My OP-12 drawing specifies RV-6 but it could be used as a ground block in a -7 as well.

Most use a forest of tabs on the firewall to bring the battery ground though and ground everything on the aft side. I would also recommend a ground strip for all your audio devices, which will then go to the forest of tabs/ground strip.

The WH-800 terminal block made from UHMW appears to be for the purpose of allowing easier panel removal without having to remove all the switches and CBs first.

Last edited:
Back