What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New revisions for 46-01, 46-09, and 46-11

vernhendershott

Well Known Member
Hi,

Please see the mothership for the new revisions to pages 46-01, 46-09, and 46-11.

No big deal just more things to rework.

Best regards,
Vern

The restrictor in the bango bolt was causing low fuel pressure readings to the Dynon. Brad found this while he was testing his engine, and I confirmed it was a problem and reported it to Vans. Just remove the restrictor in the bango bolt with the yellow painted head. You may need to grind a flat bladed screw driver to fit.

Last edited:
46-09 error

I think 46-09 step 9 is in error. I tried to torque the banjo bolt M8 x 1 x 27 to 90 in. lbs and it broke the bolt way before 90 in. lbs. . So far, Vans torque specs had agreed with Rotax so I was just following directions. I think that is an error, could be bad if it failed later.

John

John,

Let us all know what you find with regard to the correct torque value. Glad to hear you are finally working on the engine kit!!!:)

I think 46-09 step 9 is in error. I tried to torque the banjo bolt M8 x 1 x 27 to 90 in. lbs and it broke the bolt way before 90 in. lbs. . So far, Vans torque specs had agreed with Rotax so I was just following directions. I think that is an error, could be bad if it failed later.

John
John, are you sure you entered 90 INCH/ lbs. on your torque wrench? That is only 7.5 ft./lbs., and, unless the banjo bolt was defective, I can't imagine it twisting off at that torque value. I just performed that operation last week, and had no problems with it. I'm not trying to bust your chops, but only pointing out a possible issue. Steve

Back