What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV specific luggage ?

Turbo69bird

Well Known Member
I remember seeing some RV specific wedge shaped luggage to keep weight from being to aft of a CG thought it was a good concept. Was trying to show it to a friend buying an RV but can?t find it so figured I?d start a thread on RV specific luggage solutions.

Bison bags

Missionbags.com has the RV flight bag.

I forget the exact history but believe these were RV ?Bison Bags? until recently. Had one in my 9a, and liked the design.

Hope that helps!

What material do you have ? How?s the weight of the bag ? And do you feel it?s useful as a travel bag or just a flight bag.

I have two of the behind-the-seat wedge shaped Bison Bags. I leave them in the plane 99% of the time and have never used them for luggage. Tie downs, canopy cover, tools and spares, jump starter, oil, window polish, etc. When going far from home, I try to put as much as possible in them instead of the baggage compartment to keep the CG forward. I would buy them again.

I bought a Bison bag when I heard they were going to discontinue production. Still haven't finished the plane thought. Neat design, wraps around the flap tube.

Years ago I bought four ripstop duffle bags from Target, like this one. All four will lay across the baggage compartment. One for me and three for my wife.

No buckles, wheels, etc. and they fit under the roll bar in a tip-up just fine.

(Click to view details.)

I have two of the behind-the-seat wedge shaped Bison Bags. I leave them in the plane 99% of the time and have never used them for luggage. Tie downs, canopy cover, tools and spares, jump starter, oil, window polish, etc. When going far from home, I try to put as much as possible in them instead of the baggage compartment to keep the CG forward. I would buy them again.

Man you must be light if you can take a jump starter me and my friends I can barely take fuel when I fly. Lol

I have two of the bison mountain bags. One stays in the plane with the tools, tie downs, gust lock, canopy cover, spare parts and othe essentials for travel. The other is a perfect size for long weeekend luggage for me. That leaves virtually the whole baggage area free for the copilot?s luggage.

Roll aboards...

We use Ogio Roll-Aboards. We use 2. 4 fit in our 7A. 3 on the floor an done on top of them...

Mission Bags

I believe Bison Mountain Bags was sold some years ago and is now part of Mission Bags (missionbags.com). If you look under their aviation bags category, you will find the original Bison RV bags as well as many others.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Mission Bags or Bison Mountain other than owning/using one of the original Bison RV bags bought back in the day. (I keep tie downs, gust locks, qt of oil, chocks, etc in mine behind the passenger seat).

I have two of the Bison bags from years ago. I would guess empty weight might be a pound. I use one for maintenance items (oil, jack, tools, etc.) and the other for emergency survival supplies. Rarely do they leave the airplane.

Back