What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition inspection date

rjcthree

Well Known Member
In the region, have any of you reset your condition inspection date to a specific month to take advantage of downtime in bad weather? I?m considering resetting my condition to March from September, and I?m curious on other folks mindset on this. Thanks.

Mine was Sept when I lived in NY, so it was nice to do it in the fall weather.

When I moved to Florida in Sept....I conducted it in the 90 degree heat and it was brutle!

The next year I was going to move it to Oct and I ended up just not flying in the whole month of October and just did it in November.

I like November, still warm, but not sweltering.

I changed mine from April to January, by doing it early, in order to get in to the mostly non flying time of the year in Ohio. Moving it downstream is easy by doing it at the end of the due month and signing it off the first of the next month. This can be done gradually to get it right where you want it.

In the region, have any of you reset your condition inspection date to a specific month to take advantage of downtime in bad weather? I?m considering resetting my condition to March from September, and I?m curious on other folks mindset on this. Thanks.

I suspect most condition inspections are timed to coincide with a slow flying season. That just makes too much sense..... ;)

Just remember, there is a reason for the non-flying weather and it can influence your comfort in the hangar. My inspection has been due in March. It is usually quite cold on the weekends I get to execute the inspection. Im staying that way but I still grumble about it.

I do a 13 month CI routine and got stuck in 20deg wx this round. Next year it will be a month later and back in slightly warmer wx. Probably just keep it there, March works perfect for my area.

I live in NJ and August humidity is brutal. I moved mine from August to April and it was the best thing I did. Gets you all ready for the flying season.

Back