What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transducer Manifold question

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
When using a fuel injected engine and glass panel, what would go into the third hole of the transducer manifold (VA168), and what fitting is going to be required?

Plugs. Not used on my machine. The manifold press transducer is mounted on the firewall, cockpit side.

The manifold pressure might have a connection for electronic ignition manifold pressure sensor if you have EI installed (I do).

I think most everybody runs the oil pressure per Vans plans. So..thats one connection.

If you follow Vans plans for the fuel pressure sensor mounting..... that is two.

The other is usually blank as has already been said.
Since manifold pressure is usually tapped from Cyl #3, use of the sensor manufold is not an advantage.

If you have a fuel flow meter, its mounting can (but does not have to) change where you decide to put the fuel pressure sensor.

Buying stuff from Oregon is not the only way. Plan YOUR system and purchase or make what you need.

I made a 2 port manifold and then used only one port. :rolleyes:
If I had thought further into the construction future, I probably would not have used a manifold at all.

See HERE

Last edited:
I cut the third port off. I'm toying with using it to join up the manifold pressure and tie-in to the 2 P-Mags mounting it on the right side of the firewall with the third opening connected through the firewall for MP to the GRT MP sensor instead of using a bulkhead T-fitting. If you do not have a use for the third port, cut it off and store it in the future parts bin. It just takes up space on the firewall.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0625mojb2uuduhn/IMAG1211.jpg?v=0mcns

Last edited:
Back