What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Aileron Trim Kit plans

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a copy of the plans and parts list that come with the Van's "EA-7/9 KIT" Electric Aileron Trim Kit? I have the manual aileron trim kit "AIL-T79" and I'm thanking about changing to electric. Want to know what is going to be involved..............Do I need to sell my kit or can I convert with a servo and other parts?

electric trim

I just looked and there are no Vans installation instructions. My parts list doesn't have a list of the parts either but Vans Support could send you one. There's not much in the box. Servo, indicator, rocker switch, jack rod, mounting nuts and bolts, and the servo mounting tabs. The manual refers to DWG 4 for details.
Ray Allen web site has a pdf down load link for the instruction sheet that ships with the kit. It's the same one I have. Link is below. The servo mounts to the left elevator access panel.

http://www.rayallencompany.com/RACinfo/downloadpg.html

Last edited:
The electric aileron trim is a fuselage option. I'm not there yet. But my plans Index says that is OP-19. It is not included in the normal plans set, but comes in the specific kit when you order it. Van's catalog says that they will send 'replacement' plans pages for $3 each. I'd just give them a call.

Doh

I need to go back to school. Sorry. You're way ahead of me. I do plan to go with the Vans electric aileron trim. Please keep me posted.

Back