What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight, N917PB on 5/5/17

pstraub

Well Known Member
After almost 14 months since opening that first empennage crate, it flies!! We all believe that it will really happen, but until that first flight, it's just an expensive conversation piece. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the sound advice and counsel. On that first climb to altitude....well, that's a feeling I will never forget. I will have to let Van's know that SN 120971 is out of the nest! First Flight on YouTube

2gv9f0h.jpg

2re1krs.jpg

Way to go, Paul! Any squawks?

Thanks to all for the kind words! I have a slightly heavy right wing, it will be fun to get it dialed in. Other than that, I was thrilled with the performance and feel. All EMS data looking great at this very early stage :)

Good job Paul!! You did a lot of research on this journey and it's paid off! Enjoy the next chapters of fun!

Awesome!

When my buddy flew his Lancair for the first time and taxied back to the hangar, I snuck up on him and doused him with a bottle of champagne.

Great news

Congrats Paul, and glad to hear she flies good, but then they all do.

Thanks to all for the kind words! I have a slightly heavy right wing, it will be fun to get it dialed in. Other than that, I was thrilled with the performance and feel. All EMS data looking great at this very early stage :)

Congratulations on the first flight! Check the posts on here regarding the alignment of the main wing skin just in front of the flaperons when troubleshooting the heavy wing.

Back