What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 796 Question

psalter

I just purchased a Garmin 796 on E bay, updated the databases and now do not have the "Aviation Databases" accessible. What do I need to do to get my Charts back? Even the Map button does not have airports and associated information listed.

Thanks

Phil

I just purchased a Garmin 796 on E bay, updated the databases and now do not have the "Aviation Databases" accessible. What do I need to do to get my Charts back? Even the Map button does not have airports and associated information listed.

Thanks

Phil

Hello Phil,

Well, that is no fun to have a new 796 and no navigation database! That is the most important database with all the airports, runways, airspace, frequencies, etc.

We couldn't find you in FlyGarmin to see what was downloaded, but if you email us at [email protected], we will review your account and see what Unit ID was entered. Sometimes an incorrect Unit ID is entered and the unit will not accept the databases.

No problem if that happened. We can correct it. It is always best to send us a screen shot of the Tools, Database Information page showing the Unit ID so we make sure to enter it correctly.

You will also want to use Web Updater to get the software current (V5.50) if it is not already. I would do that first.

Thanks,
Steve

Problem solved, my software was out of date (a lot out of date) and the uploaded databases would not run properly.

The purpose of this reply is to thank Steve (G3XPERT) for his time and effort. I was up and running in no time.

Phil

Back