Long term lurker, low count poster, RV-10 builder.
I am currently getting ready to start on my fuselage and wanted to start putting together a builders log to show off to family and friends what I have been working on. However, after doing some searching it looks like most of the options out there are very generic templates and require a ton of work to setup.
Being from an IT background I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an alternative.
My thoughts so far are to build a webapp that allows users to:
- Store Pictures Relative to a specific build step
- Log hours against each step
- Log comments with each uploaded photo
- Progress tracking via target/goal
- User search-ability. Say I am getting ready to drill the elevator horns and am stuck on what to do. I could quickly look at other users who posted pictures of their drilled horns and read their comments. This would be super simple, since thoughts and pictures are stored against a step
- Also, I think it would be great to add engine, airframe, and pilot log books to the site.
- Subscription and software update reminders, etc.
So with that in mind, would this be something you would be interested in and what else would you like to see added?