What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynafocal mount orientation -- urgent question

Spindrift

Well Known Member
Hi all,

My a&p is working on hanging my new IO-360 and is not 100% sure the orientation of the dynafocal mounts. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the right plans to refer to because mine are at my house vs at the airport 1.5 hour drive away where my airplane is stranded, and I'm stuck at work. Can someone take a picture either of their plans or their mounted engine and send me the photos to forward on? A quick forum search didn't turn up an answer.

bill.inman at wwwinc dot com

Thanks in advance!

Email sent, but in case anyone else needs to see them.

Lower mounts
RV-7build351.jpg

Upper mounts
RV-7build352.jpg

Upper mounts installed
RV-7build358.jpg

Looks like Reilly out computered me.

Last edited:
If you are talking about the orientation of the "Lord" mounts; the "hard" mount (the one with the "ring") goes behind the mount on top and between the engine and the mount on the bottom. That puts all the "hard" mounts in compression with the aircraft sitting with one positive G.

Thanks all

Mel, I think that is what he was asking me about, but it seems he figured it out because not long after I posted this question, I got a text message with a picture of the engine already hung.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.

Back