What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity Stick install/ordering

DJR

I'm trying to put together an order for the Infinity stick grip and am having a bit of trouble understanding the order form.
The order form has boxes to check regarding Inside Diameter spacer sizes for either 3/4" or 7/8" and a box for either Long or Short.
For those who have installed the stick in an RV8 (front stick) any advice for a std. install on an 8 is much appreciated. It also asks about extra wire length.

Thanks,

Dana

http://www.infinityaerospace.com/gripwire.pdf

Infinity Stick

The Infinity stick grip fits the RV8 front stick without any spacers.

I'd recommend getting some extra wire length (total of 6 ft worked for me).

If you call, they'll be happy to discuss any switch options you may be considering.

Good luck,

Mike

Just call Infinity. The owner loves to talk with builders; he will get you set up just the way you want.

Be sure to remove the paint/powder coat from the area beneath the infinity grip. I didn't and got to do the assembly twice.

Be sure to remove the paint/powder coat from the area beneath the infinity grip. I didn't and got to do the assembly twice.
Really? Why? I'm not so keen on leaving that metal bare... It is just steel, after all. It will rust in time if it's left exposed. Is it just a clearance issue? Maybe just a thin primer coat would be adequate instead?

Just call Infinity. The owner loves to talk with builders; he will get you set up just the way you want.

My experience is that he loves to talk TO builders - after he finishes telling YOU what YOU want, then he'll launch off on a political diatribe and tell you all about the secret projects that he's been involved with....:rolleyes:

But to the OP, I put a stock (ordered from ACS) Infinity grip on my -8 six or seven years ago with no modifications to stick or grip. Installed a similar stock Infinity on the -3 project a couple of months ago - again, no mods - no problem.

Paul

Yeah,

I spent an hour and a half on the phone ordering mine!

Nice enbough guy, I didn't have the heart to cut him off!:eek:

LOL

Now that is funny. And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling like it's a Billy maze commercial.

Thanks to all who've replied with info. I'll take your advice and just give him a call.

Dana

Really? Why? I'm not so keen on leaving that metal bare... It is just steel, after all. It will rust in time if it's left exposed. Is it just a clearance issue? Maybe just a thin primer coat would be adequate instead?

When the 2 halfs of the Infinity grip fitted together on my RV-7, there was about a 1/32 inch gap between the two halves that I was unwilling to tolerate. Removal of the paint was recommended by the supplier who, as noted by others, is very happy to discuss the details of installation of the grips and a variety of other topics.

FWIW, I just did mine on the -10, and the 7/8 bushing and grip fit fine over the PC'd stick. Looks great. Now I just need to figure out what to do with all those extra buttons.

My experience is that he loves to talk TO builders - after he finishes telling YOU what YOU want, then he'll launch off on a political diatribe and tell you all about the secret projects that he's been involved with....:rolleyes:

But to the OP, I put a stock (ordered from ACS) Infinity grip on my -8 six or seven years ago with no modifications to stick or grip. Installed a similar stock Infinity on the -3 project a couple of months ago - again, no mods - no problem.

Paul

;) I can't dissagree but, he will put in the time to get you what you want.

Jekyll

Order Forms

Ironflight and bkthomps == EXACTLY!

(Billy Mays - that's funny!) I gave the order form my best shot and sent it off. Sometime later he called me to confirm, and of course, I had some of it wrong. He asked me if I had suggestions to make his web site better. I launched into what "I" thought and then he proceeded to spend the next thirty minutes defending why he did it his way and why it works so well and I'm just hanging on to the phone. So there you go. Call the guy, he does love his product and loves to talk. And, you're gonna loooooove the stick.

- -THEN, go here
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=46520&highlight=infinity+stick+assemble for Paul's essential way to reassemble the stick.

Back