What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Rivet Callout?

macrafic

Well Known Member
I am looking at DWG 27A, and referring to the F-711E down elevator stop/spacer. It is T-shaped. I can see the rivet callouts for the forward row of rivets. However, I do not see a callout for the rear row of 4 rivets.

I appears as though these might be riveted with the elevator rear spar, as there are 4 rivets in each. However, this does not make any sense, since it appears that the elevator is made to be removeable (attached to the fuselage with bolts).

Can anybody help me out here? Rivet now and, if so, rivet callout? Wait until I install the elevator?

The other rivet callout for the spacer is on the isometric view. Just below the upper longeron. The down stop/spacer is riveted to the aft deck and angle but not the horizontal stab. The rear spar of the horizontal stab is bolted to the two Horizontal Stab Attach Bars.

eF4nRUsnuH1MI_pwNC_NL4rj8OsrtBd3ouoBSpdcKo7P=w478-h475-no

Last edited:
Larry, that call out does handle the 1st row of 6 rivets. However the callout I am missing us the 2nd row of 4 rivets - deck to F-711E stop/spacer.

I can figure out the rivet size easily enough, but just wanting to know if I can rivet this row now or do I need to wait until I mount the empennage?

On my 9A drawings, DWG 27A EMPENNAGE ATTACH & TAIL TIE DOWN ATTACH, there is a view at the top called F-711E DOWN ELEVATOR STOP/SPACER which shows the rivet callout as AN470AD4-6. See if you have a similar view on your drawing of the empennage attach and tail tie down attach.

Rich, Is this the rivet callout you need? Yes, rivet before the empennage is mounted. It doesn't connect at all to the horizontal stab or elevator. It's the up elevator (pitch down) stop limit that the elevator horn contacts plus just a spacer under the aft deck.

F-711E.jpg

Back