What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Support

Freemasm

Well Known Member
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. I'm traveling and only have a phone with me.

Anyone have designs/ideas for fuselage support; at least temporary? My QB F1 rocket fuselage will finally arrive 4-5 days from now. Your help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

msf

Scott,

For temporary use, an old mattress, bean bag(s), or lotsa bubble wrap.

To work on the thing, you'll need to have good support. The easiest way I know to set this up quickly and cheaply is to make a plywood frame, with wood supports under several of the bulkheads. Pad the supports with scrap carpet.

Make it low enough that you can work on the fuselage comfortably, and strong enough to support your weight when you get inside (to make airplane noises).

It'll be on the gear soon enough, then take the same plywood box and turn it into a work platform so you can climb in and out easily.

YMMV..... have fun!

Vince

Rotisserie

I love my rotisserie. No need to climb inside. Just flip and work sitting on a stool.
Once there is a need to climb inside, foward gear is installed. Twi 4x4 blocks are drilled ti fit. Lift the tail and place adjustable saw horses at each bulkhead. Pad the sawhorses. I sometimes place the blocks on dollies if the fuse needs to be moved around.

Back