What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Build on! - 300hrs

gfb

Well Known Member
Just a quick thank you to all of you who have helped in this journey. Yesterday while flying back from OKC (did the FAA ditch training!) I rolled over 300 flight hours on N689RV.

I remember while I was getting close to finishing my build, I was wondering if maybe I was "a builder, not a flyer". I hadn't been in an airplane in months and had not particularly enjoyed it those last few times, but I was very much enjoying building. I was a bit worried I might finish, not like flying it, and sell it. Let's just say thats not quite how things worked out:

- First flight 8/1/18
- Just hit 300 hours on 6/20/19 (~11 months)
- Replaced my first set of main tires and brake pads last night (388 landings.)

Fun trips this past year:
- "What are we doing today?" "Oh, let's loop Lake Michigan!"
- Sun-n-Fun 2019 (KMSN-KLAL)
- Airflow Performance FI Seminar (KMSN-KSPA)
- FAA Dunk Training (KMSN-KOKC)
- Numerous trips to KCFE, 1:15hr flight vs 5hr drive!

Coming up:
- OSH19! (Come see my plane at the Continental booth!)
- Bahamas 2020! (and possibly continuing to Brasil?)
- Sun-n-Fun 2020
- Paint?
- What else? :)

Build on folks, it only gets better!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/woWj1JPhnzo1R9XcA

Enjoyed your photo gallery. You do get around. While total amount of hours is a lot and matters for maintenance, your destinations list for the first year is quite impressive. Don't exhaust it keep moving keep the storytelling.

Sweet!

Awesome bro! That's how we do it!

I felt exactly the same -- worried I'd like it after all the time and energy put into the build. Let's just say, the -7 exceeded expectations. What amazing little aircraft. 260 hours on mine.

Last weekend:

IuEyMdgl.jpg

Enjoyed your photo gallery. You do get around. While total amount of hours is a lot and matters for maintenance, your destinations list for the first year is quite impressive. Don't exhaust it keep moving keep the storytelling.

Quite an endorsement!

Back