What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brakes - are they in the kit?

Amazon-1

I got my 14A finish kit a couple days ago. The inventory sheet lists brakes but I was only able to find the calipers. No rotors or brake pads. Before i call Vans, I thought I?d ask builders who are already done this part if the pads and rotors are supposed to be in the kit or not.

Thanks

Bruce
RV-14A in progress

Keep digging. Perhaps it's deeper in the box the calipers were in.

Caveat, I'm not an RV-10 builder, but an RV-3B builder, as far from the -10 as it goes in Van's line up.

Dave

I'm building a -10, so I don't know the details of your build, but I would just read through the inventory sheets and see if they are listed. Vans gives you 30 days from the receipt of a kit to declare missing pieces, so if they are on the sheet and not in the crate, I'm sure they will send them to you.

I got my 14A finish kit a couple days ago. The inventory sheet lists brakes but I was only able to find the calipers. No rotors or brake pads. Before i call Vans, I thought I?d ask builders who are already done this part if the pads and rotors are supposed to be in the kit or not.

Thanks

Bruce
RV-14A in progress

By calipers do you possibly mean the master cylinders for the brake pedals?

The calipers are the parts that teh brake pads are mounted to, that squeezes the brake disks.
The wheels, disks, and calipers are typically a kit that comes together in one sealed cardboard box.

Back