What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KSAV

TJCF16

Well Known Member
I am going to spend the weekend in Savannah GA in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any experience with FBO's on the field? Maybe hanger space? I see they have signature aviation there. I try and avoid the they seem to be higher on their prices .

Call 'em both up and ask them what their rates are. See what you can negotiate.

When I go somewhere, I always call the FBOs and ask for rates, discounts, etc. That's the way to get factual information.

Ed

Call 'em both up and ask them what their rates are. See what you can negotiate.

When I go somewhere, I always call the FBOs and ask for rates, discounts, etc. That's the way to get factual information.

Ed
GREAT advice.

FWIW: The last time I went to KSAV (years ago) Signature was the only FBO there. They charged me a $50.00 "facility fee" since I walked from the ramp to the street and back, a total of about 15 minutes on the ground there. I swore never to return and I haven't. I hope it has changed.

:cool:

Sheltair told me $30 a night when we flew in to stay a few nights. Went to leave and the lady said no charge, just come see us again. I was pleasantly surprised

Using the phrase "top off" seems to help with negotiations even if the amount is only a few gallons.

Be happy and enjoy your stay in Savannah.

Lots of GA around not much at KSAV due to $$$$$$. If I were you, I will pland to arrive at KLHW or 3J1. Dont let FBO's ruin your stay! They will w their exorbitant charges!

Be happy and enjoy your stay in Savannah.

Lots of GA around not much at KSAV due to $$$$$$. If I were you, I will pland to arrive at KLHW or 3J1. Dont let FBO's ruin your stay! They will w their exorbitant charges!

Another vote for KLHW, where Mitch, I and a few other RV'ers are located. Enterprise rental nearby and much better fuel prices than KSAV or 3J1.

Hangar space is often available for free with fuel purchase.

I have used Sheltair KSAV in the past and had a good experience. More expensive than a small airport but that is expected.
I have a business trip next month and will be there a couple of days myself.
Actually headed to KVDI but having to meet a group at the commercial terminal @ SAV so I will be using a Uber from Sheltair.

Back