What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

15-02 and 15-05 nut plates

Hi all. I'm working with plans rev. 1/2/14.

On page 15-02, step 10, it appears I should install a single nut plate on one of my three untrimmed W-1208-R Nose Ribs.

On page 15-05, step 2, I am to use an untrimmed W-1208-R nose rib with two attached nut plates. (This is the furthest inboard W-1208-R.)

Which page is right?

BTW I believe earlier versions of the plans called for a rib with three attached nut plates.

Two nutplates

Brendan -

Earlier versions of the RV-12 had a crude but simple piece of white poly with bent spade connectors that made contact with a similar arrangement on the fuselage ... this arrangement is no longer used but the call out for the nutplates has not changed, scratched my head about the same thing as you.

About the time the lighting kit became available, Van's changed over to the blue electrical connectors on the wings and did away with the piece of white poly. The two nutplates you will need to install onto the inboard ribs will be for the two standoffs used to mount the blue electrical connector. Paging ahead in the plans will reveal that. You only need to install the nutplates at the location where the two standoffs for the blue electrical connector will be attached.

Happy building,

John

Last edited:
I only have 15-02 rev 0.
Step 9 is about the rib "old style" with three nutplutes. It will be the most inboard one.
Step 10 is an unmodified rib with two nut plates. It will be the 8th rib counting from inboard. You need two nut plates for the stall warning.

16-03%252520step%2525202.JPG

Time 1'06" & 1'13" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDf7mBn4qg

Last edited:
Back