What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone installed Aveo Rockrack Switches?

I am trying to install wiring to the master battery switch and the alternator switch. Not sure of the proper wiring order, since there are eight terminals per switch. I could use some help. O-320 with two slick mags.
Thank you, in advance, if you have any answers.

I used them exclusively. Note that they are no longer available (which justified my purchase of an extensive box of spare switches and covers :( ).

I should have a schematic of my switch connections in my schematic book, I'll look and see and if so, post it or email.

ETA: Yes, I have the pinouts called out on my schematic which includes these switches. I'll post it tomorrow a.m. (Warning...it's got a lot of stuff on that page, mags, starter keyswitch, etc., but you should see quite easily how to hook these dudes up).

There's also a RockRack Installation Manual...if you don't have it, I can email it to you.

Last edited:
vyyb8.jpg

So there you go...it's pretty easy. Pins 1, 2 and 3 constitute one pole/throw, and 4, 5 and 6 the other.

Pins 7 and 8 are the LED.

As you can see, for the Battery Master, the switches are completely separate with one of them used to light the LED when the switch is On.

For the Alternator, for some reason I just used the same line out (to the alternator) for the LED.

Either way works...have fun!

Thank you for the schematic. Could not have done it without your help.
What a great place to get answers. Now I can get the wiring completed.
Thanks, again.

RockRack?

I have to ask,Why did these go away?I thought these were really cool when they came out,I had switches and these were not cheap,but very cool.
RHill

I have to ask,Why did these go away?I thought these were really cool when they came out,I had switches and these were not cheap,but very cool.
RHill

I don't know, and it sucks but, fortunately I tend to think very long-term about things, so I bought spares of essentially everything I needed (switch tops, different colors of switch, so-called "specialty" switches like (ON)-OFF-(ON), etc.), although I believe the switches themselves are stock from Carling (??) and its only the switch tops which are unique.

I really like the way they look, I think they made a very nice, clean panel. They're bigger than other switches, but then again, I didn't have to add labels around them, either.

Aveo Rocker Switches

You might try Newwiremarine.com for the Carling contura V-series switches and parts. These are for marine based on the labeling but you might ask the vendor to custom screen for you. The switch parts are all Carling parts
Tyler, A&P, GROL
RV 7A N174MT

I initially bought Rock Rack switches, but since I'm sticking with the stock sized RV-7A panel and have the bigger Garmin G3X Touch display, I felt they took up way too much room. Looked odd. So eventually went with Otto toggle switches.

But for a taller panel/smaller EFIS, these would be very nice.

"Fuel pump" and "landing light" tops

Hi,
Does anyone have a spare "Fuel pump" and "Landing light" switch tops laying around?
I have bought everything I could get from Aircraft Spruce, but have come up short with those two.

I have many, many unused tops that I could trade!!

David.

Back