What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone with a -6, -7, -8, -9 , -10 or -12 in the Vegas area?

Mike Smith(former A10 pilot), 7A is a great guy to talk to as well as Glen Smith with his RV8. They are both based at Boulder City.
Join the EAA chapter.They are a very active group. I was a member up until 2 years ago. Mike and I were building our 7s at the same time.

Here's the chapter site:
http://www.eaa1300.org/

Last edited:
I've seen Glens -8 at a fly in at Sandy Valley and spoke to him briefly. Nice looking plane. I've also met Randy Thwing and he's invited me to join the local eaa. I'm going to try and get that done this month.

Hey Bill..........if you have the time, I'd love to see your -7 ......429-7291 Robb

I'm building a 7A at the Henderson airport. We have a couple more there that are flying. Mike Smith and Glenn Smith are members of our EAA Chapter 1300 (www.EAA1300.org). At least two more building in the club. If any VAFers would like to stop by at HND, just give me a call and we'll arrange it.

Note, there are two EAA chapters in the Las Vegas Area. Chapter 163 based at North Las Vegas (VGT), and Chapter 1300 which rotates between HND, VGT, and Boulder City (61B).

Terry Frazier
President EAA Chapter 1300
702-278-0273

RV7A finishing up the panel and mounting tail

Couple -9s in Boulder City

There's a diesel -9 in Boulder City and I think one other. Lots of -7s and -6s there too.

Seb Trost
RV-7A
Boulder City Airport, NV

There are many RVs in the Las Vegas area although most are flying now.
I was a builder there 5 years ago.
Not sure who is building now.

Check out the 2 local EAA chapters.

Most are based at Boulder City but have rotating meetings at North Town, Henderson, & Boulder City
Great group & very helpful.
http://www.eaa1300.org/

Based at North Town.
http://www.eaa163.com/

Lots of RV activity in Vegas

Our Chapter meeting is 2nd Wed. of each month at KHND. Dinner at 6 (terminal) and meeting at 7:30 (terminal also).

feel free to call me at

(seven oh two) 278- zero two 73

Anyone with a -6, -7, or -9 in the Vegas area?

I was just wondering how many people on here have RV's in or around the greater Las Vegas area?

RV's in Las Vegas

I know of an RV-6 and -7A in HND, a -6A, (5) 7As in BLD and several more in VGT.

Seb Trost
RV-7A
Boulder City, NV

Any 8's?

I'm looking for an 8 to show the wife, she's coming around to the idea of buying or building one. Do you by chance know of any around here?

Jake

Chris Hukil is at KVGT with an 8, I'm usually out on the weekends and he is there most times as well. Not sure if he uses this list. PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Why an 8

Don't you get along with your wife, don't want her next to you. 8 is not the best x country choice.

RV-8 at VGT

I know a couple AF guys that recently bought an -8 and have it at VGT. Not sure where, but you can ask around at VGT..

Seb Trost
RV-7A
Boulder City, NV

RV-7 begins in Vegas

Hello All,

I started a RV7 on Oct 30 2010. I will be documenting the build process thoroughly. Stop by the site and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Cheers

Last edited:
RE:Have Fun

Hi

Welcome to the world of RV building.

There are a few of us RVers her in SW Utah (Saint George area). If you get up this way and have the time stop in. [email protected]

Better yet why not make a stop at 1L8 with the F16. I know you would enjoy the narrow short runway practice.:eek:

Just saw your build site. Beautiful tribute to your daughter. She would be very/very/ happy. I will look forward to the day when, "921LF ready to take off runnway XX on her maidan flight.....love ya Lauren....."

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... flying and tracken (MT-RTG)

Last edited:
I'm up for St. George!

Kobwo,
We might not be able to take a Viper but we can take my RV-8! What do you say Frank?
CHOPS

Last edited:
RV-10s in Las Vegas?

Is anyone (other then me) building an RV-10 in the Las Vegas, southern Nevada area? I'd love to get some tips and see how other people are tackling the challanges.

Jesse
RV-10 Section 6-3

Guy in EAA 1300 building a -10

We have a guy a couple of years into his -10 project. Come visit EAA 1300 at Henderson Airport. Www.eaa1300.org
We meet the second Wednesday of the month and have breakfast on Saturday mornings at the restaurant in the Henderson Airport terminal at 8AM. Robert Jones is the builder and is usually there on Saturdays.

Seb Trost
EAA 1300

Great

I know nothing of the EAA, but its great to hear about that. I'll make it an effort to attend one of the meetings one of these days.

Jesse

Stop by my hangar:D, OB-21 at KVGT, I'm there most Saturdays. I'm building my second -`10. There are two others in work here as well. I pm'd you with contact info.

Anyone with a -6, -7, or -9 in the Vegas area?

Hey all, I'm very interested in buying/building an RV but I've never ridden in one! Is there anyone in the Vegas area who might be willing to take me for a ride? I'll throw in for gas, just let me know when works for you.

Thanks all!

Lots of RVs in Vegas

EAA Chapter 1300 meets at HND the second Wednesday of the month ( but not this month). We meet informally for breakfast at The Landings at the HND terminal Saturday at 8 AM. I won't personally be there this week, but we usually have a good crowd. If someone can't take you up, I'll be back next Thursday thru Saturday. I'll take you up. Send me a PM.
I've got an RV 7A at Boulder City.

ditto

what Seb said. I'll be at khnd this Saturday for breakfast. Lots of RV speak going on. A ride should be available too.

See you there,

Back