What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

brake lines

jstiegel

:) Has anyone had any leak problems with the fittings and tubing supplied by Van's in their brake system? If so was it just more than a loose connection? ;)

Brake lines

John, You old Iowa flash you, I had continuing problems with my plastic fittings at the brake assembly so I converted from mid cowl down to the brakes with metal lines and now have now fixed the problems. By the way how is the "Kamakaze" engine runing? Roger A.C. aka [email protected]

I have had continuing leakage problems. Mostly with the AN 90 degree fitting coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder. First used teflon tape, then teflon thread sealer (at $15 per tube!). Then used teflon tape and tread sealer, then pro-seal. Takes 3 or 4 days to develop, but still leaks. I am running out of ideas. Maybe tite-seal? :confused:

wyoflyer said:
I have had continuing leakage problems. Mostly with the AN 90 degree fitting coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder. First used teflon tape, then teflon thread sealer (at $15 per tube!). Then used teflon tape and tread sealer, then pro-seal. Takes 3 or 4 days to develop, but still leaks. I am running out of ideas. Maybe tite-seal? :confused:
If those are pipe threads, I'd be looking for a crack. SHOULDN'T be leaking without any of those kind of sealers, much less with them. Sometimes a crack wouldn't be obvious if you take the fitting out.

The plastic system of the brakes an Vans have been known to leak,on my 8
I bought metal container that bolt right on the master,Aircraft spruce sells them around 35$ a piece,never had a leak,also no leak when inverted

j?rn M?ller
RV8 210 hours

Thanks to all who replied. To Roger (RAC) Moore. The Egenfellner H6 Subaru sounds just fine with two steel pack mufflers. I have not had it running latey due to the PRSU (propeller reduction speed unit) returned to the engineer for upgrade. But, have over two hours of run time on the unit and can report that the engine plus the electric design runs properly-- In the shop. I still have the fiberglass to complete. Fiberglass is not my favorite activity, but must be completed to be able to fly into the wild blue. I am thinking about a name for the ship and have thought ( no politics please) that MISS UNDERESTIMATED might be a good one. I have infact misunderestimated the cost and the time to complete.
Regards,
John

Back