What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sioux Drill - BITS?

hammondam

I bought an older Sioux Air Drill with the 1/4 hex shank quick disconnect tip. It works great, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to get the usual 30 and 40 drill bits to go IN THE DRILL??? Can I buy the 30 and 40 size drill bits with a 1/4" hex shank or do I need some sort of adapter? What would be best? What drill bit tip should I use on aluminum sheets / skins? Thanks. It would be cool to have the drill bits attached to the hex shank, anyone know a good source of quality drill bits for hex shank in the wire gauge sizes? Online? In stores?

Thanks

I will try fooling around with the drill tonight to see if I can take off the quick change thing. Does anyone have a chuck (preferably from a Sioux) that they are no longer using?

It's a standard Jacobs 1/4" chuck. I'm pretty sure you can pick one up at Home Depot/Lowes. Female threads. The chuck you have right now unscrews from the drill. I don't recall how I held the threaded shaft on the drill but I did use a strap wrench on the chuck. I also installed the chuck adapter on it so I can use the drill with the chuck if needed.

Back