What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Fuselage Jig

DrWalker

I am picking up a partial build kit next week and trying to get a head of the game. Wings, Tail, Rudder, Ailerons, and Flaps are done. I just need to complete the fuselage.

Have 2" X 6' angle Iron in abundance, along with wood - 2 X 4's.

What are the dimensions? How do I build it? Any help for a newby would be appreciated.

Thank You,

RV-4 Fuselage Jig Available north of Seattle

Hi,

I'm done with my jig and it's available free to anybody who wants to pick it up. It's been used on 2 or 3 RV-4's (including mine).

Interesting note: the builder locations so far were Marysville OH and Marysville WA. I won't require the next builder be based in Marysville XX, but it would be kinda neat :rolleyes:

I'll pick up the plans with the plane.

A plan sheet for the jig for an RV4. Just give them a call.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm picking up the plane this week and did not know if the jig plan sheet was included.

Thank You,
DR Walker

I purchased some 3/4" plywood and ripped it down to 6" widths and then constructed the jig out of the plywood (I doubled the plywood to make it 1 1/2" thick using a lot of screws and glue). It was straight and true. My fuse. came out perfect and I gave the jig to another builder who built his plane on it. I bet it is still in circulation.

Mike

Back