What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair fuel pump problems

Avengerboss

Well Known Member
Anyone having problems of their Andair fuel pumps not keeping prime and taking over a minute to pressurize?? On the Rv14 were having that. Also it's pressurizing to 42 psi.
I tried another I've had on the shelf since I removed it 6 months ago form another RV and it won't even try to pressurize.
The company is in the UK? Any place in the U.S. That supports them??? I'm at a loss. No real contact info except the UK.

Andair pump problems

I supposed I could call the UK, I was hoping there was some support in the U S.

I don't believe a pump can loose prime on its own. It would require a leak in the system to allow air or somehow the system is allowing the fuel to flow back into the take therefore pulling air back into the pump. That could also be the reason for the delay in pressurizing.
I found my Andair pump will not pump without a prime.

There are occasions when left for two months and low fuel tanks it will not prime. I have to pressurize a tank vent to get it primed and then good to go.
I believe the only service would be the UK.

My fuel pressure is steady at 28-29 PSI and I have never had to pressurize my tank for the fuel pump to work. Before first flight, I had drained my tank multiple times and filled and run the fuel pump and it pumped without any priming or pressurization.

My fuel pressure is steady at 28-29 PSI and I have never had to pressurize my tank for the fuel pump to work. Before first flight, I had drained my tank multiple times and filled and run the fuel pump and it pumped without any priming or pressurization.

Same here. I *did* have a problem with the pump when I *first* tried to use it, after it sat on the shelf for quite a while during construction (whatever was used to lube it for storage by the factory had gunked up), but Andair was *awesome* and sent a replacement out immediately, not even waiting for the return, and sent it via express service (AW inspection was coming up the next week).

Since the replacement, approaching 700 hours and not a hint of trouble.

Andair fuel pump issues

I did email Andair but in fairness it was Friday. Maybe I'll here back from them next week.
I called Vans. As usual they were great and are sending me a new pump.

Same here. I *did* have a problem with the pump when I *first* tried to use it, after it sat on the shelf for quite a while during construction (whatever was used to lube it for storage by the factory had gunked up), but Andair was *awesome* and sent a replacement out immediately, not even waiting for the return, and sent it via express service (AW inspection was coming up the next week).

Since the replacement, approaching 700 hours and not a hint of trouble.

Though I havent actually pumped fuel with it yet, I electrically tested mine for half a second when I first wired it up - at least 2yrs from purchase. It did Nothing! WTFO I thought. I took it out and hooked it direct to my 12vDC source and it wouldnt go. Kept trying it, getting resigned to sending it back and low and behold it fired up. Apart from the maybe factory oil solidifying, I believe it actually has some kind of pause built into the circuitry before it runs - seems like 2 secs of power, then it'll run. I havent fired it off but maybe half dozen times since its dry, but the 2 sec pause was/is consistent.

Back