What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Decoded Crosswind Components

dan

Well Known Member
Thanks to RV-7A builder Matt Johnson for this idea...

http://www.rvproject.com/wx/

While viewing the decoded METARs, if you roll your mouse over the winds, you'll see little popups which decode the crosswind components for each applicable runway.

Enjoy...

smiley-dancin-red.gif
bowingsmilie.gif

Nice work, Dan.

I feel guilty even mentioning this, but if you scroll down, the xw box stays at the top out of sight... :eek:

Brian130 said:
I feel guilty even mentioning this, but if you scroll down, the xw box stays at the top out of sight... :eek:
I'm not seeing that behavior...or rather, move your mouse after your scoll down. Works for me using Internet Explorer 6. I'm not going to get into the browser support game.

This afternoon I added a couple more "popup" style info enhancements. You can hover over the temperature to see DENSITY ALTITUDE, and you can hover over the airport identifier to see elevation, coordinates, and runway info.

Dan is the Man

dan said:
While viewing the decoded METARs, if you roll your mouse over the winds, you'll see little popups which decode the crosswind components for each applicable runway.

Enjoy...
We are *so* not worthy.

DR the other

Dan strikes again

This has to be about the coolest aviation thing I have seen on the internet in a while.........

Sam Buchanan

Back