What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section #21, Page #6 Seat Back Hinges

Geico266

Well Known Member
Step # 7 & 8.

I followed the directions and cut 20" of piano hinge, removed the pin, and cut that in 1/2 to make 4ea 10" seat floor hinges. The hole part of the hinge is on the wrong side now per the next page.

What did I do wrong? :mad:

Larry,

You didn't do anything wrong. But you need to read way ahead when you're doing the fuse. What they say on one page doesn't nec turn out like it sounds when you get to the next page...ala those hinges. I did the same thing you did but they send enough hinge to repeat the process. Cut em like they show on the picture on the next page. Be sure you have them turned the correct way. Almost all the hinges you do on the fuse will work the same way. Wait till you start running fuel lines and stuff...yikes! But then its supposed to be educational isn't it?

All Van's has to do is say cut 21". :mad:

I suppose there are lots of areas like this on a new m odel, but it is this lack of detail to accuracy that makes me not trust the plans.

Last edited:
I did it too! I felt like I was being laughed at!

It seems like there is some extra hinge, so we will probably be ok. Note that the 18" hinge pieces are different.

The Fuel lines measurements are not too short, if you are a factory making perfect bends. Make sure you drill out the lower systems block (now noted on the plans) or the flaperon lever will scrape the fuel line.

I think it might be better if you made the 90 bend, then slid the nut and ferrule on, because you cannot bend close to the connector, on the 1259F pump end. Dont waste tubing, there's just a little extra.

Back