What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N199MJ Up, Up, and Away

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
N199MJ took to the skies today at 8:38 am EDT. The engine purred like a kitten -- all temps in the green. Highest engine temp at 75% power 381 degrees with outside air temp of 95 degrees. Myra and I flew almost 4 hours today. Kudos to Nathan Rigaud of Two Bums Aircraft, Inc. in Sebastian, FL for all of his assistance and expertise in getting us to this incredible day. We are the 9th RV14 flying. Pictures coming soon.
It's hard to believe this day arrived

Here we go

Success!!!!

Last edited:
Big congrats not only for the first flight. But for being able to keep to that aggressive schedule you and Myra had! Very impressive!

Most excellent news....congrats!!!! Many happy Hobbs hours await you. :D:D

BTW, the wood gear dampers work like a charm on my -9A. Not a hint of shimmy.

N199MJ took to the skies today at 8:38 am EDT. The engine purred like a kitten -- all temps in the green. Highest engine temp at 75% power 381 degrees with outside air temp of 95 degrees. Myra and I flew almost 4 hours today. Kudos to Nathan Rigaud of Two Bums Aircraft, Inc. in Sebastian, FL for all of his assistance and expertise in getting us to this incredible day. We are the 9th RV14 flying. Pictures coming soon.

Congratulations to the latest builders to fly their 14. What a great airplane. Enjoy,enjoy,enjoy.
To the rest, keep building. Your going to love this airplane!!!

Best,
Rich

Congratulations! We all are looking forward to being able to make the same post that you're making now. After own kids, this is like a child that is being born. Years of hard work and sacrifice have come to fruition. Super job.

Fly safe

Steve

Back