What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted: Options to display ADS-B in on Garmin 650

ten4teg

Well Known Member
Was wondering if anybody is displaying ADS-B In on a Garmin GTN 650? Not interested in ADS-B Out, but would like to have the weather and traffic on my 650 without buying a Garmin $4K piece of equipment. Thanks

My GTN 625 displays weather and traffic. It?s a small screen so I view them mostly on the G3X. My ADS-B In source is over Ethernet from a GTX 45R, but you are able to send ADS-B via RS-232 as well. What?s your ADS-B source?

Was wondering if anybody is displaying ADS-B In on a Garmin GTN 650? Not interested in ADS-B Out, but would like to have the weather and traffic on my 650 without buying a Garmin $4K piece of equipment. Thanks

As I?m sure you know, with no adsb-out you will not get all the traffic that is available. Also, for adsb-in on the GTN, you will need a device that speaks in the Garmin propriatory format. I suggest a used, dual frequency Skyradar D2, displayed on an iPad.

Then stop buying Garmin.

The GTN-650 display is just one step above useless. The value of the GTN-650 is that it meets TSO IFR navigator criteria, nothing more.

I fly with a wonderful intergrated SkyView display.

Carl

Back