What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightweight Travel Canopy Cover

mantry

Well Known Member
I added this to a canopy cover over in the RV8 forum but didn't get a reply, so I thought I would add a new post here in the GENERAL forum....
Here is what it said:

To piggy back on this thread, while walking the lines of planes at Oshkosh yesterday surveying canopy covers I see the usual ones:
Cleveland Tools
Bruce's heavy duty
Flightline interiors

Then there was another lightweight one that I saw a lot that looked good but didn't have a name on it anywhere that I could see. Any idea who makes this one?
Could it be Aviation Covers Inc out of Arlington WA?
http://aviationcovers.com/-.php

Thanks in advance!

Don't know which I have but it may be Cleveland. I like it a lot. No weight penalty and it fits in my Bison bag with my other junk. I bought it for when I have to tie down someplace and I want to deter people from climbing on the plane.

All the Cleveland's I saw had their LOGO on one of the corners. Wonder if it could have been the ones VANS sell? I know they actually sell the Cleveland ones but wonder if they are produced for VANS and come SANS LOGO?

Mark

Mine does not have a logo. I bought it new from a member here 5 or 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure it is the Cleaveland unit. Very lightweight but has been functional especially for the last 3 years of ramp parking M to F at work. SWMBO added 2 more straps to engage the steps. Works great for installation in the wind and keeps it in place in the wind too.

Ok, I tossed in the towel! I called Abby at FlightLine Interiors and ordered one of her SILVER lightweight covers and I'm done! :)

Thanks for everyones help!

I think the ones with out logo's were EARLY Cleveland ones because they look almost identical. Maybe they are purchased thru VANS and they send them to VANS sans logo.

Mark

The AviationCovers one is a great buy...

Sorry didn't get a chance to respond to you before you put in an order.

Back