What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x Touch antenna

FOZY flier

I'm New Here
I have been flying a G3x Touch EFIS in my RV7 for 6 months now and absolutely love the system.
When I fitted the avionics I installed a GA56 antenna which was quite old but still boxed and unused. The model number of the antenna is GA56 011-00134-00.
I have had some issues with intermittent GPS signal loss and recently noticed that the part number for the GPS antenna currently being sold for the G3x Touch is GA56 010-10040-01
Could anyone advise as to whether I need to purchase a new antenna with the current model number or whether the one I am using is suitable.

The older antenna should be ok - I used one before I installed ADSB which required a different GPS antenna. I'd look into installation issues: proper minimum cable length, and where the antenna is mounted. Then there are also GPS outages, you'd have to check the NOTAMs or gps.gov.

https://www.gps.gov/support/user/

I have been flying a G3x Touch EFIS in my RV7 for 6 months now and absolutely love the system.
When I fitted the avionics I installed a GA56 antenna which was quite old but still boxed and unused. The model number of the antenna is GA56 011-00134-00.
I have had some issues with intermittent GPS signal loss and recently noticed that the part number for the GPS antenna currently being sold for the G3x Touch is GA56 010-10040-01
Could anyone advise as to whether I need to purchase a new antenna with the current model number or whether the one I am using is suitable.

Hello FOZY flier,

In the Garmin part numbering system, 011-00134-00 is the part number of the GA 56 antenna subassembly - in other words, the antenna itself. 010-10040-01 is the "GA 56 antenna kit", which contains the antenna, mounting hardware, plastic bag, label sticker, etc. If you bought a new GA 56 antenna today, it would be the same as the one you already have.

If you are having GPS reception issues, please don't hesitate to contact us using the information below, and we will do our best to help.

- Matt

Back