What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ad-41h vs ad-42h

FlyGuy65

Well Known Member
Finishing up the fuel tank and cleaning the rivets needed. Looking at the two pop rivets, I can't tell the difference: Micrometer says they are all 6mm long, which would seem to indicate AD-41H. I've triple checked: brown bag #821 is supposed to be 55 of the slightly longer (7.7mm) AD-42H pop rivets, but they seem identical to bag #810, which is 25 of AD-41H.

I have been wrong every single time I have doubted the kit inventory, and so I ask if there is something obvious that I'm missing here.

Thanks!

Have you tried laying the two "different" sizes head to toe against each other as a check for length? You'll need the AD-42H to do the tank attach bracket to baffle to rib rivets.

Hah! No, used a micrometer. Wish I thought of your much simpler method! Still though, they are all about 6mm long. Fired off the question to Vans.

In the manual section 5 they show show the rivets side by side. The 41H rivet portion, not the stem measures 7/32. The 42H measures 9/32.
Hope this helps.
The grip lengths of course are listed in Bobs response.

Arnie

Back