What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pointy Spinner With Hidden Screws - Where To Find

gmcjetpilot

Well Known Member
I had a Pointy Spinner on my RV-4 with no screws. I forgot the guys name who use to make them, recall he was in Oregon, and I am not sure if he still sells spinners.

I think the stock spinner is fine, but that pointy spinner with hidden screws is SEXY.... :D

Pointy Spinner

We had one on our RV6 and it delaminated in flight; with only 345 hours since new. We installed the Vans stock spinner and spinner bulkhead with our constant speed prop. I can tell you that the quality of the vans spinner & bulkhead is superior to the ?pointy one?.

Don't know about the "pointy" thing, but anyone with a little fiberglass experience can do the "screwless mod". I did it on mine and it looks great.

People always ask what holds the spinner on and my answer is "SPEED"!

EDIT I found a number (2 r's in Harrold) but did not try it yet: EDIT (I called it. No ring goes straight to Automatic message: Person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls, please try your call later)
HARROLD AIRCRAFT (JERRY HARROLD) 503-860-0941

Mine was by Jerry Harrold in Oregon. It’s a very well made spinner.

Jerry Harold... That was the Gent... Anyone know how to contact him?

I have 1100 hours on my Jerry Harold “pointy” spinner with no issues. Bruce Estes RV6 with IO360

Can you give me contact info Bruce.

Last edited:
Don't know about the "pointy" thing, but anyone with a little fiberglass experience can do the "screwless mod". I did it on mine and it looks great.

People always ask what holds the spinner on and my answer is "SPEED"!
Mel look down this page about 60% down, yellow RV-4 with that sexy spinner.

http://www.kitplanes.com/issues/29_...Choosing_a_Prop_for_Your_Project_20498-1.html

Mel how did you do the hidden screw method. I recall my Harold spinner bolted a metal disk about inch wide to front of my C/S Hartzell.
An internal bulkhead bonded into the composite spinner slipped over that metal disk for the forward spinner support. The aft screws went in
from the back. Again an intergral flange was a built into the spinner. Screws went through the metal plate attached to prop and into flange
of spinner with nut plates. I suppose I could modify the stock spinner to do this.

Last edited:
Back