What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Daniel Bernath - lessons to be learned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not familiar with the level of control the mods have on this forum, but was very surprised to see the thread on the accident in Bonita Springs involving an RV12 locked down so quickly.

To get a fuller picture of the pilot, I suggest a few moments perusing this thread from another forum in 2012:

http://sportpilottalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2574

I hope the mods see fit to leave this link up. In terms of Aviation Safety, Hazardous Attitudes, psychological factors, accident prevention and potential CFI responsibilities, there’s certainly a lot of food for thought and room for discussion on these topics, and perhaps others.

Last edited:
Bernath was a outlier...so far from the norm that there are no lessons to be learned.

Let it be.

Outlier or not, the question that?s bothering me is whether anything could have been done to prevent this accident. There were enough warning signs that I personally would not have blamed an instructor or fellow pilot had they brought his behavior to the FAA?s attention. I did not, and wonder if I had if it might have made a difference.

Bernath posted on VAF and it was quickly evident he was not open to instructive criticism. He was eventually banned from VAF.

Nuf said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back