What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best Screwdriver for your RV project

briand

Well Known Member
I'm sure many/most of you already know this but I was remembering my old days of doing assembly for a local aerospace supplier and how the Snap-on screwdrivers (mainly phillips) fit those AN/MS grade screws so damn well, so I ordered a couple after hearing about all the trouble getting your screws into the nut plates (some were tapping them :eek: ). I got them in the mail today and they just ran those screws right through the nut plates and the lead c-weight ny-lock nuts like they were made of butter (the nut plates not the screws :D ) They are about $9 ea w/free shipping on www.snap-on.com. I bought the GSDDP31 (#1) and the GSDDP42 (#2). The #2 is a must and I got the #1 just because.

Another good one in Apex tips if you have a multi-tip driver. The Apex Mini #2 is the only Philips tip we use in our shop for #2 screws. Even better than the snap-on tips IMHO.

Old Timers approach

I have just removed my seat pans for the 1000th time.
I would never have survived with just a manual scredriver. Battery drill is the only way my wrist can cope with it.
Here is a pic of a reasonably priced Bosch battery drill. I also have an Metabo, but it wasn't resonably priced, but worth every dollar.
Pete.

Back