What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus-iPad-Foreflight Wi-Fi Link lost today

snopercod

Well Known Member
I was in the pattern today doing T&Gs and the Wi-Fi link between my Stratus 2 and iPad running Foreflight was lost. A long list of networks popped up asking which one I wanted to connect to. They were all 1,000' below on the ground. LOL! So that told me that the iPad was working but the Stratus wasn't. Losing my ADS-B (in) data wasn't a problem in the pattern, but I would hate to have that happen on a cross country where I needed to see the weather and traffic. When I got back on the ground, I cycled the power to the Stratus and that fixed the problem. Unfortunately, to avoid the thermal shutdown problem, I had moved the Stratus to the baggage compartment a couple months ago so it's unreachable in flight. Has anybody else had this happen? I run my Stratus 2 on internal battery.

I've flown with this Stratus 2 for five years now and never had it lose connection. I've only had it overheat once, and that was while parked on the ramp for lunch. If it loses connection again, I'm going to have to move it back to the glareshield, or power it from the avionics buss via a switch that I can reach...or buy a Stratus 3 :(

138 Views and nobody has popped up to say, "That happened to me, too!". I guess that's a good thing.

Back