What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirVenture RV-3 meeting?

randylervold

Been kinda quiet around here. Anyone interested in all the RV-3 guys getting together at OSH? I'll be there and would be happy to help coordinate a little get together, possibly around my plane so we have something to look at. Would be good to put faces with names, and I'm sure we can fill an hour or two with RV-3 talk.

That would be great! I'd also be excited to see your airplane. When during OSH are you thinking about getting this together?

Soundas like a plan

I am planning on being there, but I don't think I will be flying my plane. It would be great to meet other RV3 folks. When would this get together occur?

Last edited:
Not meant to be a thread hijack but it appears more than a few of us live on the west coast. At some time maybe we could arrange a litle get together out here. A small flyin and bbq would be fun.
Tin Man
RV3
978TM

Last edited:
How about Wednesday?

Ok, how about Wednesday July 30th, 9:00 am, at my plane which will be in the RV parking section and most likely up toward the front with the FFI group? Anyone else with a -3 try to get as close to the front as possible so we can look at all the -3s.

Update:
Changed to THURSDAY, 9:00 am, front row of the RV corral. See parking arrangements if you have a flying RV

Last edited:
RV-3 meeting

Randy:
I will be there to see you and all the other RV-3 guys and gals Wednesday at 9:00 am sharp.
Dennis Winkel
N80WD

Reserved Parking?

Earlier in the year Jeff point indicated he was willing to discuss parking all the -3's together up front. Maybe he could save six or so slots on a first come basis.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=24030&highlight=rv-3+parking

I hope to be there all week and will be at the airplane at least twice every day. Around 9 to remove the canopy cover, then back at 4:30 to replace it. 9 will be the best time to jaw. The rest of the time I'll most likely be at the Sonex booth, directly across the street from Van's. If you're currently building a -3 or ready to write a check for a kit, I'll be happy to let you try mine on when the grass is dry.

Tony

Reserved Parking

Boy, I have to be careful what I say, since my words are saved for all eternity!

But seriously, I think we can work that out. Randy and I have discussed this off-line and we will work out the details and then post them here.

Just keep in mind that RV parking fills up FAST on the weekend before the show. If you are not in Oshkosh by the end of the day on Sunday (day before opening) then all bets are off. We will always find you a spot, but it might not be a good spot right up front.

RV-3 parking arrangements

After some discussion with Randy, we have worked out the parking arrangements for RV-3s at Oshkosh. We have designated a spot for parking all the -3s together. It will be on row 320, and there should be enough room for at least 10 or so aircraft. For those of you familiar with the layout of the grounds, Knapp St road is the north-south road that runs the length of the convention grounds and cuts the RV parking area (Area 51) roughly in half. Row 320 is the first row to the west of Knapp St. It is directly to the east of where the large Falcon Flight group was parked last year (and will be this year.)

A couple of things to keep in mind:

While we will make every effort to keep this area reserved for RV-3s, parking at Oshkosh is always first come, first served. If the grounds will up quickly (as they always do) then we may be forced to use these spots for other RVs. I will say that, based on past experience, if you are not on the grounds by the close of the field Sunday night, then all bets are off. It fills up that quickly. That is not to say that we won't find you a spot somewhere with the RVs, but it might not be with the rest of the -3s.

If you happen to arrive at a busy time (which could be any time on Sunday or Monday) and especially if you hit the parking area in a gaggle of 4-5 other RVs, then there is a chance we might be too busy to pull you out to park you with the -3s. If that is the case, please just park where we put you, wait until the dust settles and approach one of my VOLUNTEERS (felt the need to emphasize that) and inquire about moving. We will do our best to accommodate you, just please keep in mind that you are at the worlds busiest airport and there may be delays.

Keep in mind that this reserved area is for RV-3 PARKING only. If you desire to camp with your airplane, than you will have to park in the Homebuilt Camping area which is to the west of Area 51.

No special signage is required. Simply show your HBP or HBC sign to each parking VOLUNTEER that you see and we will get you to your spot. Not sure about the signs? Now would be a good time to brush up on the Notam, it is all in there.

That's all for now. Any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Wow, that's service!

Jeff,
Wow, you tha man! That puts us (the RV-3s) on the front row of the RV corral. I suppose that's somewhat spiritually fitting in that we were the first RVs in existence.... where it all started.

Change in day -> THURSDAY 9:00 am
I will be participating in the formation flights with Falcon Flight which I just learned will be on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even though the actual fly-overs will be at 11:30 we have a briefing and aircraft prep that morning. I don't want to have to leave a bunch of RV-3 guys who are locked in fascinating conversation so I would like to move our meeting to Thursday. Sorry for the change but it's not exactly like we're a huge group. I'll post another thread with the change notice.

I look forward to putting faces with names of all the RV-3 enthusiasts out there. Heck, by the time we all get to talk to each other and ask all our questions this may well take all morning... fine with me!

See you guys there,

Last edited:
spiritually fitting in that we were the first RVs in existence.... where it all started.
Update- I have been contacted by the RV-1 group. They want that spot, so you guys have been bumped to Fon du Lac. Don't worry, the bus ride is only 30 minutes to Oshkosh.

Oh wait, they now tell me they only expect one RV-1 to show. We should be able to fit you guys in after all. Disregard last message.

Back