What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Cowling

rongawer

Well Known Member
For those building E-AB, or even those who have built E-LSA and decide they want a change, here's a new cowling that will be ready to ship in a few days. It was developed for the purpose of fitting UL Power engines on the RV-12, but I'm told by Ray at UL power that it can fit the Jabiru, or even be retrofitted to the Rotax, if so desired (I believe the actual term used was "blasphemous retrofit" :D)

g2y1oFq.jpg

5EjPDKS.jpg

KgjgW6C.jpg

LahP02H.jpg

Here's the fine gentleman builder's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/richard.kaczmarek.39/posts/10208784650592285

Last edited:
Would love to see that cowling. As I am not a member of Stanford University these pictures do unfortunately not show up though ....

Last edited:
Ext. Alt. Rotax

I am wondering if that cowling would host the external alternator of the 912. If so, then it might be worth to have a closer look.

For those building E-AB, or even those who have built E-LSA and decide they want a change, here's a new cowling that will be ready to ship in a few days. It was developed for the purpose of fitting UL Power engines on the RV-12, but I'm told by Ray at UL power that it can fit the Jabiru, or even be retrofitted to the Rotax, if so desired (I believe the actual term used was "blasphemous retrofit":D
Does this cowl use an aft piano hinge?
Will there be an oil tank access door?

There is an oil door and the plan is to mount it with the same hinge mounts as the drawings, however, you can easily do something different if you want, such as 1/4 turn fasteners, which are fairly easy to install.

:DThe young'un in the background, appears like all the ones I deal with at work. On the cell phone texting. No wonder it took so long:

Beautiful! Now I would love to see what is underneath that cowling! There's a UL Power engine hiding?

Back