Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-14-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake14 View Post
slightly off-subject, but is the standard procedure to always replace the tubes when replacing the tire? I kinda hate to toss out a good air-stop tube if it's not necessary....
I am in the same camp and don't understand the concept. Granted they say when it is filled with air, it stretches but does it really stretch more when is inside the tire and if so, hasn't already stretched on the first use.

I never replaced my inner tube in my last RV for the 8 years that I had it and 5-6 tire replacements. I never had any flats on those or lose air any more than normal. I have not replaced my inner tubes on my last annual and planning on keeping them as long as they keep the air-leak rate. I add air about once a year.
Dues paid
Old 02-14-2020, 03:46 PM

Default Inner tube

Thanks Condor, I ordered the Michelin 908, thatís the replacement for the 308 I had.
"Sure is nice to have smart friends"
2018 dues paid