What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A POH

plugf15

Hi All, I'm the proud owner of a new to me RV-9A with O-360 constant speed prop. Would someone have a POH with this set up I could look at? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to VAF!

Hi All, I'm the proud owner of a new to me RV-9A with O-360 constant speed prop.

Bob, welcome to VAF, and congrats on the new plane:D

There is a section for POH's on the front page---------try clicking on the VAF logo upper left of any page, then look for an alphabetical list on the left edge of the page. You should find POH there.

Thanks Mike !
I started there, on the POH page, but the two listed were different engine/prop combinations. Thanks for looking out for me !

Make one!

I think it is a really good exercise for a new plane owner to create their own POH type document.

Things like v speeds that are not published by Vans are tested with the basics of flying skills. These also differ for every airplane no matter the model or engine combo. Mainly stall and climb speeds.

Take off and landing distances are more a pilot limitation in RV's.

Checklist are completely dependent on the aircraft. Take-off, landing and basic emergency items are all easy to do.

This gives you a great reason to get to know your aircraft and of course to fly it.

Congrats and have fun.

You can start out with an existing POH, and then modify it for your aircraft. Find one that's close, and then start tweaking.

Back