What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Detroit Area

RThomas_1

I'm New Here
Anyone in the Deroit area with a kit under construction. I would like to look, chat or even help on any weekend in March. I am interested in getting a kit eventually, although now is not the time. I just wanted to check out he quality of a kit and the room that would be required to build one. I was leaning toward the 7-7a kit. Thanks

I am out in the Brighton/Howell area outside of Detroit building a -10. I am just about done with the last few things left to do on the wings and will be awaiting delivery of the last two kits sometime in April so I won't actually be doing any work on the project, but you are welcome to come out and take a look and chat if you like. Contact me off list via email if interested. Dave
[email protected]

Best Source of EAA activity in Michigan

Rick:
You should contact Rex Phelps, President of EAA 13. They're the oldest and largest EAA chapter in Michigan and are located at Ray Township Airport, about 25 miles Northeast of Detroit. They meet the first Thursday of every month at their own hangar on the field. When I was building my "9", there were over 60 aircraft under construction in the chapter. Not sure today. Contact information at:
http://www.eaachapter13.org/home.html
Good luck.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP

RV7A

Rick:
You should contact Rex Phelps, President of EAA 13. They're the oldest and largest EAA chapter in Michigan and are located at Ray Township Airport, about 25 miles Northeast of Detroit. They meet the first Thursday of every month at their own hangar on the field. When I was building my "9", there were over 60 aircraft under construction in the chapter. Not sure today. Contact information at:
http://www.eaachapter13.org/home.html
Good luck.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP
There are a number of completed RV's at Ray (including mine :). Dave Nellis is building a 7A. He's on this forum - drop him a PM.

RV7-A in Detroit Area

Rick,

I am building a 7-A. I am currently building the wings in my basement. My tail kit is complete and hanging in the garage. You are more than welcome to visit eves or weekends if I am home, usually I am. The right wing is almost complete, the left is still open skeleton so you can see what is inside.

You can reach me at

[email protected]

[email protected]

(586)322-6131 Cell

Dave Nellis

Back