What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB Out .....Questions?

autoglide

Well Known Member
Had to cancel trip to Sun n Fun at last minute. Wanted to see what's either available now or in the near future in ADSB Out equipment.
I'd like only an out box to use with avionics currently in my panel. Don't want to buy a new transponder etc. I have a GDL 39....used w a mini I pad for ADSB in.
For those folks going to S & F:
Would you please reply back to this thread regarding what you might see displayed at the fly-in (for experimentals) that would suit my needs.....
Thx in advance for all replies. Marvin

I believe the Freeflight RANGR XVRL can use a GTX327 for output, that is, no new or additional transponder required. But don't take that to the bank ... I too am researching this at the moment. :eek:

I just put in the Trig TT22. It was the most cost effective solution at the quality level that I was looking for. I wish that I had a waited a bit longer, as the new Uavionix unit would have been at least $500-$700 cheaper after accounting for the rebate.

I knew that cheaper options would be coming, but I do all my flying in the crowded ORD airspace and getting traffic was a safety factor for me and worth over-paying. That said, the Trig has a very good reliability reputation and makes me feel a bit better about the extra $ spent.

Larry

ADSB out

I have a KT 76a in the panel plus 2 spares...want to keep it/them.
Just looking for a simple solution (and as inexpensive as possible) to add ADSB out to my ship. Am using the GDL39 as the WAAS in source.
Surely someone will come up with a small approved box to add to what exists in my panel....for prox $1000 or so for the OUT.
This is mandated, not elective " s--t " we have to install. Might as well do it at a reasonable cost.

ADSB

The above post is EXACTLY the type info I want. As I prev stated:
Want to KEEP my KT 76a and GDL39......don't want to buy any unnecessary items.....just the basic equip to comply with the mandate. There will probably be 2-3 new cheap products offered at S & F.
I just want to know what's out there and I'll determine which one best meets my needs. Thx.........Marvin

Not Foreflight compatible...

Looks like this unit is compatible with most moving map iPad software, with the exception if Foreflight. Bummer!

Back