What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ray Allen trim indicator and Skyview?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I've got the Ray Allen servo for elevator trim, and I want to put the trim position indication on the Skyview screen instead of the little indicator that Ray Allen sells. The servo feeds back 3 position indicator wires (orange/blue/green) and I'm having difficulty finding where to connect these on the Skyview pins. I know some people have been there and done this - care to share?

Thanks!

It is described in the EMS section in the SV install manual, around p 47 in mine

from Ray Allen:
Orange/White: connect to +5 V (pin 18, D37)
White/Blue: connecto to ground
White Green: connect to general input (several available -- see EMS D37 pin out table)

Warren
C170
RV7 notquitedone

Skyview has a predetermined wire/pin and it is configured for the elevator. You still have to go through the setup. Takes a full up to full down travel while in the setup screen.

The aileron trim: not so easy:(

Pin #4 purple/blue (elevator position potentiometer)

Aileron trim is just as easy in SkyView as elevator trim. Just hook it to any one of the 13 GP pins, just like you did with the elevator.

Aileron trim is just as easy in SkyView as elevator trim. Just hook it to any one of the 13 GP pins, just like you did with the elevator.

I did that and configured through the setup screen, basically copied Dynon's default elevator profile. I have it connected to pin 12 / yellow.

The aileron indicator just pegs to one side?

I've been meaning to call for tech support...

My comment was meant to be a bump on myself and not the skyview system. I've flown dual 7" screens and single 10" screens. The product is amazing.

Back