What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Minneapolis area airports

Vince Koehn

Well Known Member
I am going to fly my RV to Minneapolis in September and am planning on flying into FCM (Flying Cloud). I will be arriving from the SW. The trade show I attend is smack downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall Street. I guess this is the most pratical and closest airport....anyone know of something better? This would put me 18 miles from the show.

Try KMIC

Hi Vince,

I fly a 172 out of Crystal, it is closer to downtown Minne. Tower, crossing runways, 100ll not outrageous - pretty sleepy most of the time. I can't offer you hangar space, but there is an RVer there that might be able to if you are interested.

Give me a call - 763-797-4245 during the day

Pete

Mic

Vince

I also fly out of Minneapolis Crystal. I have a hanger with a C-170 and an RV7 under construction so might be able to help you out. Give me a call @ 763-514-9614

Warren

MIC-Crystal

MIC-Crystal it is. It looks like it is quite a bit closer than Flying Cloud (by about 7 miles). Thank you gentlemen for the hangar offers. I called the FBO at Crystal and they said it would be no problem to hangar my RV for a couple of days. I don't want to intrude on a fellow RVator's prize building area! ;) If I get in a day or so early I may call to look at some RV building projects. Its always enjoyably to trade war stories. Thanks for the info.

Please call

Hi Vince,

Please do call. Always looking for project tips - if I can get the kitchen pass from the boss - maybe we could grab dinner.

Cheers,

Pete

Back