What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New owner

RV7 Bruno

Hello all. New RV 7 owner. Hanger is in Oxnard CA. Looking for any tips I can get. Got close to 500 hours of flying but that was in 150, 172, 182, Archer. RV7 is all new.

Welcome to the good ship VAF. Big time congrats on your purchase. The RV-7 is a great machine. Make sure that you get transition training as it be will quite different from the aircraft you have been flying. You will find lots of help here.

Last edited:
Hello all. New RV 7 owner. Hanger is in Oxnard CA. Looking for any tips I can get. Got close to 500 hours of flying but that was in 150, 172, 182, Archer. RV7 is all new.

Welcome Frank! Fatten your wallet this thing is addictive :)

Welcome!

I Just bought an RV-6 myself.

My tip is to get out and fly it!

I know that I need more work on my landings for sure. I have next to no small airplane experience, I just added the ASEL Commercial on 1 May and did my RV training and Tailwheel endorsement with Mike Seager the next week. I picked up the airplane in Alabama the week after that.

So I am very much still getting used to it.

Remember, the more you fly it the cheaper it is by the hour...

Doug

Frank,

From Van's Aircraft perspective, this may be a useful if not a required read:

http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/letters/buying_a_flying_rv.pdf

Get Transition Training from a qualified flight instructor and stay as current as possible. Review all of the Drawings/Construction Manual so you understand how and why things work on an RV. Review all of the Service Letters/Bulletins in the factory website to ensure your aircraft is compliant.

Enjoy!

I can recommend Ron Rapp for RV transition training. He's based out of John Wayne - KSNA.

http://www.rapp.org

I first flew with him years ago during my PPL (J-3 Clipwing and Citabria). He provided a thorough checkout for me in our new (to us) RV-7. He also provided training for my friend on his RV-6.

Jeff

New RV7 owner too!

Hi Bruno, I'm a new RV7 owner too, and I'm also trying out using this forum to begin communicating with other RV owners. Contrats on your new flying machine! Are you looking for landing tips? Have you taken any instruction flying your RV? I didn't take any instruction, however I've got allot of tailwheel time, and find the RV very straight forward to fly. My RV has a Sam James cowling, and am presently running pretty hot oil temps, what is your average temp running in climb, and cruise? I live on a private airstrip in northern Ca. called Alta Sierra, ever heard of it? I hope you respond to this so I know that this forum works. Talk to you later! skycloudster (Mike)

Hi Bruno, I'm a new RV7 owner too, and I'm also trying out using this forum to begin communicating with other RV owners. Contrats on your new flying machine! Are you looking for landing tips? Have you taken any instruction flying your RV? I didn't take any instruction, however I've got allot of tailwheel time, and find the RV very straight forward to fly. My RV has a Sam James cowling, and am presently running pretty hot oil temps, what is your average temp running in climb, and cruise? I live on a private airstrip in northern Ca. called Alta Sierra, ever heard of it? I hope you respond to this so I know that this forum works. Talk to you later! skycloudster (Mike)

Yes,
We got your post :)

Back