What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which data package

togaflyer

Well Known Member
For those with a Garmin 3GX Touch and a GTN GPS, what database package did you get. I would like coverage for the U.S., Canada, and the Bahamas. It is a bit confusing with the various packages.

Im a bit confused on this too. I have garmin pilot on my ipad to practice with as I finish my plane and thought that would be the program for my G3x in my panel. I planned to get the $149 subscription that included synthetic vision but maybe there is a different way to go. I just assumed the one subscription would cover the ipad and panel. I hope so!

Do you want IFR database currency and/or Flitecharts? If so, then I believe the least expensive option for the coverage you want would be the North American OnePak.

I have the US Standard + Flitecharts OnePak. It ain't cheap and I'm paying for database updates that frankly I don't particularly need, but it makes keeping everything updated easy and takes any thought process out of it.

I will be flying IFR. Is the flightcharts onepak the Jepps charts. Basically, I will use the Garmin Pilot app, need IFR database for the GTN and the G3X. Does the flightcharts do the approach overlay? Garmin should make a flow chart....

I called the Garmin help line and this is what was decided for the most economical IFR set up. The North America bundle for the G3X is 199 dollars. The North America bundle for one GTN 650 cost 549 dollars. Total 748 plus taxes. Add the Garmin Pilot premium, add additional 150.00 so total out the door is 900.00

The One Pak would be beneficial if you had duel GTN systems or TSO units like the G 500 or G1000. Also if your using a Garmin portable unit along with everything else. The One Pak is 925.00 and upgrades you to the premium Garmin Pilot, but you still need to pay for the 75.00 base subscription, so your total is 1000 dollars. The price can be trimmed a little if you select the U.S. data base vs North America. Saves 50 dollars.

Good info. I’m still using the free database update(s) that came with my two Touch Displays. I’ll have to figure out how to combine the GTN, G3X, and Pilot App in the next month or two. It would be nice to have a prorated package for all three so I don’t have pay for three separate devices/packages.

Last edited:
I like the One Pack. I have a 430W, a 696, and Garmin Pilot on an ipad for the passenger to play with.

Back