What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Clarity Aloft Customer Service

johnfurey

Well Known Member
After more than 10 years of use the mic on my headset quit working. Just before Christmas I sent it back to Clarity to get a quote on repair. To my surprise it came back today, with a new pair of ear plugs but no bill. A phone call to Meg confirmed it was free. I have said many times that we are blessed with Great people - Great products & Great service :D

+1 for Great service

I too had a great experience with CA customer service. I bought one of their headsets from ACS a year or so ago. After the ACS grace period was over, I had an issue with an ear phone not working. Called them up, they sent a replacement, told me to use the old one till the new one got there and then send it back in the box they shipped the new one in. Top rate service and great product!

Dan

another +1

I had the same experience. Mine was at least 7 years old and stared cutting out at the end of flights. I sent it in to let them diagnose it and quote a repair. The troubleshooting was difficult and the tech called me a couple of times to go over the symptoms. He finally found it. Something in the control box was getting warm and shorting out. They replaced the whole control box and shipped it back to me - in a NEW hard case.

No invoice.

I mean SERIOUSLY?! These guys ROCK.

Hmm...

A friend of mine didn't have such a great experience. He uses a Clarity Aloft in his G200 and one of the earplugs started shorting out. The fine wire entering the earpiece was broken inside the wire insulation. I could see where this would happen because it is difficult to support/protect that small wire without adding weight and bulk to the earpiece.

He sent the headset in and they repaired it for ~$75. I think that's a bit steep and his experience has kept me from switching to a Clarity Aloft. Based on the experiences shared here on VAF, perhaps it's time for me to reconsider--or at least give them a call to see if their policies have changed.

Yep....I had a speaker shorting out. $75 bucks for the repair and they weren't THAT old.

They have Tanya's right now, for the third time. She is highly considering doing something else! We'll see how it shakes out. There exist two different earpiece designs. The older ones, where the wire goes pretty much straight into the speaker housing. The newer ones have a little strain relief nipple before entering the housing. A headset is a very personal thing that can generate some very personal feelings when you fly hundreds of hours per year.

Edit: A few years later we finally abandoned both the CA and Halo and began producing something better in the CQ1. https://cqheadset.com

Last edited:
Great service

I have had two CA headsets for over 6 years. I had an issue with one earpiece being intermittent. Sent it in and it was covered at no cost.

I believe it is like anything else, when it gets extensively used it is likely to break at some point. These are definitely a little more fragile than a conventional headset but the convenience factor and comfort are worth it to me.

In AZ I cannot even use a conventional headset anymore due to the heat. I also don't like the clamping of a regular headset. To me the sound quality of the CA is without equal.

Even a $75 repair bill isn't bad. Good thing Garmin doesn't make headsets. I hate to see that bill:eek:

Darwin, good points!

But now my question is....why are some covered free of charge and some are charged??

Dunno

Darwin, good points!

But now my question is....why are some covered free of charge and some are charged??

Couldn't tell you. Unless specifically under warranty, I have no expectation of a "freebie." If it happens, cool.

I know that they are very good people. Family run business who pride themselves on great service.

Back