VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Blast tubes are required, or a necessary evil, or a bad joke, depending on your viewpoint. For sure they are inefficient as a cooling device.

I note that Surefly is not requiring blast tubes. They rate their operational temperature range at 250F:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/712b8...120fd9e6e3.pdf

SDS, EFII, or EDIS/Megajolt installations don't mount their brains on the hot engine.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmith View Post
Bill, could you elaborate on your issue with lower center baffle seal plate?

I assume you are talking about the intercylinder baffle? It is a complex shape part under the cylinder, held in place by a hook and a clip that straddles the upper side of the cylinders.

What was wrong with it? It seems like a stock part that is presumably the same for everyone. Was yours constructed or installed wrong?
Sorry for the delay, the end gaps and corners presented significant gaps combined. I had to bend it too, but was not sure if that was my doing. I added a plate to allow some exit curls and ensure the cylinder to cylinder exit gaps. I think they are all the same for everyone, and presents a real opportunity for everyone to inspect and improve. Cheap and easy too once you make an extension hose for your (RTV) caulking tube.

This is area is easily overlooked, but is significant in it's potential benefit. It also hard to reach.

RV-7
Op Lims in hand 12-7-17
1st Flight 1-27-18
2017 Dues Paid